Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm it

I've been tagged by Winter! So you'll just have to wait a little longer for stories about my students. I'm supposed to list 20 random facts about myself as quick as I can, so here goes:

  1. I was voted "Most Likely to Become a Nun" when I was 13.
  2. I used to pray to God not to call me to become a nun.
  3. My first political actions were in the pro-life movement.
  4. At the risk of being stoned, I will admit to voting for George Bush in 2000. I was 18 and didn't know any better! Now you know why I'm such a bug-eyed fire-breathing radical freak.
  5. Katie Kinney is the only person in the world who can get away with calling me "Annie Bananie".
  6. I've read Beowulf twice, voluntarily, and loved it each time.
  7. I read Moby-Dick when I was fifteen just to say I had read it.
  8. I still have a crush on my Anglo-Saxon Lit teacher.
  9. I have hazel eyes, but when I dye my hair purple it makes them look green.
  10. I want to like Guiness because I think it would make me look cool.
  11. When I was fourteen I had a wierd obsession with Leonardo DiCaprio (he's so femmey!)
  12. When I was fifteen I had an obsession with James Dean; I wanted to look like him.
  13. The first time I went to Washington, D.C., I was a member of the Young Catholic Musicians Orchestra.
  14. The second time I went to D.C. was with my town's chapter of NOW, to protest at the March for Women's Lives.
  15. I have performed for Pope John Paul II, when I was with YCM.
  16. I have 37 cousins on my mother's side. I think; it's been a while since I counted them all.
  17. I've had 11 teeth pulled in my life, four years of retainers, and five years of braces.
  18. I'm trying to be a vegetarian, but I will always eat my daddy's barbeque.
  19. I had a crush on Mary Martin as Peter Pan when I was a kid.
  20. I managed to get a degree in Literary Theory without ever reading Chaucer, Milton, Joyce, or The Wasteland.

    4 Comments:

    At 3:54 PM, Blogger Winter said...

    Ah, another catholic girl. It fucks you up doesn't it?

     
    At 6:03 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

    Well, I like to think of myself as "charmingly eccentric" rather than "fucked up", but yeah. You can take the girl out of the Catholic Church, but not always the reverse. I usually describe myself as a "recovering Catholic".

     
    At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Man, I thought my 24 cousins on my mother's side was impressive - how wrong I was. Clearly my mother's family were not as good Catholics as yours!

     
    At 4:29 PM, Blogger Winter said...

    I don't think of myself as "fucked up" either, but a catholic upbringing certainly has an effect!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home