Tuesday, March 13, 2007

in which I resort to oversimplified dualistic thinking

Bad things:

  • spoiling yourself for the current season of Battlestar Galactica. Am heartbroken. Fuck you, sci-fi, you heartless geek boy genre. Fuck you with a light saber.
  • straining your lower right trapezius muscle, so now it's all inflamed and hurts like an electrical zap from Darth Vader.
  • taking over-the-counter drugs instead of herbal remedies, so now I'm all woozy
  • stupid corporate jobs that drive you to actually give up a living wage and health benefits to go back to pouring coffee at the local diner

Good things:

  • springtime
  • The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
  • sushi
  • funky local bookstores where your friends work

Not sure it balances out, but I'll take what I can get at the moment.

5 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Winter said...

taking over-the-counter drugs instead of herbal remedies, so now I'm all woozy

Didn't the arnica and willow work then?

funky local bookstores where your friends work

You should work in a funky bookstore! One day we will have our own funky bookstore.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Actually I didn't have time to pester the therapists for arnica oil, so I downed some ibuprofen instead, which didn't work. I'm thinking it was more of a chronic spasm instead of inflammation, in which case the herbs wouldn't have worked either.

We will totally have a funky bookstore. Well stocked with feminist sci-fi authors. And with cats; it's not a bookstore without cats eyeing the customers with disdain.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: the spoiling - don't give up hope. Seriously. I hear things are afoot.

Re: the funky bookstore with cats - will you guys stock CATSPIRACY BOOKS?? Because I'm planning to write one.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Can I work in your funky book store? Please! I like books. And cats. Please!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Winter said...

Excellent. We don't have the store yet, but we have stock and staff lined up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home