Monday, February 05, 2007

she lives!

between the new job, school (this weekend we had two 8 hour cranial-sacral classes), and the disappearance of the neighbor's wifi we've been, ah, "borrowing", blogging--hell, email--has been something of an impossibility. But now I've got a day off, and I've been tagged!

5 Things You Don't Know About Me

1. I know every word to every song in Les Miserables. In fact, the 10th anniversary concert in Royal Albert Hall was the first CD I ever owned.

2. My great-grandfather on dad's side played professional baseball in the 1920s.

3. One of my secret ambitions in life is to be reading Stendhal's Le rouge et le noir, in French, while on a train, just like Cate Blanchett in Charlotte Gray.

4. I have an ongoing fantasy life where I am the lead singer for a riotgrrl cover band and we do queer covers of "straight" songs, like Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" and ZZ Top's "Sharp-Dressed Man." I can never decide if the band's name should be Andy and the Grrrls or Pussy Posse.

5. Occaisonally I secretly read Vanity Fair and Vogue at the library. I like the thrilling glimpse into the bizarre fucked-upness that is money and haute couture, and it makes me feel very punk and revolutionary in comparison. It's like some wierd inverted snobbery on my part.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger JaneFan said...

But do you have a copy of the Les Miserables original French concept album?

I don't know a word of French (except for a few phrases gleaned from English novels) but I've loved this album ever since I discovered it at a yard sale back when I was in high school!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Winter said...

I used to know all the words to Jesus Christ Superstar, but I was in a youth theatre production.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger belledame222 said...

"Sharp Dressed Man" would be kickass.

i never liked Les Miz; but, apparently their new show, "The Pirate Queen," currently in workshop (friend saw a preview) is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home