Monday, June 19, 2006

be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

My fairy godfather seems to think that getting shitfaced with semi-anonymous girls in Paris and London was not enough.

He's sending me to San Francisco for Pride.

I just hope I don't turn into a pumpkin at midnight or anything.

Right, sorry, I just finished up Witches Abroad and it's a fairy tale parody, so there you go.

But seriously, I am going to San Francisco for Pride. RC, in all her astounding fabulousness, is gonna be my sugar mama and is paying my way. Hotel, plane tickets, everything. I tried to argue with her--I'm still flat broke, still unemployed, and I've inherited the ornery family pride--but she said "Look, it's not worth it to me to go by myself. So don't worry about it."

So I'm not gonna! Because weeping Jesus on the cross folks--SAN FRANCISCO. DURING GAY PRIDE.

The Castro. Chinatown. City Lights Bookstore!

My only worry is that I might hyperventilate to death from the excitement before I ever get there.

So you see, I definitely can't stop blogging now. I have to brag take pictures and tell you all about it. Gotta do some quick and dirty googling for dyke bars, because of course I dumped my Damron guide in London, thinking I wasn't going to need it anymore. We'll see how San Francisco compares to gay Paris and swinging London.

And I'm not going to feel guilty about this sudden windfall of good fortune, I'm not! Die, Catholic Guilt, die you bastard!

Crap, should I wear my Pride shirt? Cut my hair? Dye it purple again? I don't want to look like a dorky hayseed around all those hip post-modern queer punks....

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear that "dorky hayseed" IS the new "hip, po-mo queer." Work it!! Good for you on pushing through the pride and accepting your friend's awesome gift. I'm sure you'll have a blast in SF and maybe you'll find inspiration for your new blog title! Something like "We Just Met and You're Licking My Neck" or "Mystery Rash".

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Actually, "We Just Met and You're Licking My Neck" is fairly accurate...
"Mystery Rash" is NOT, however!

Maybe "Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop"?

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, wait, what am I again--fairy godfather (he grants you wishes you can't refuse, apparently) or sugar mama? Or both? Anyways, I'll see you your Catholic Guilt and raise you some Mormon Guilt.

And, oddly enough, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, too.

I think you should just settle for wearing your "LESBIAN" tank top you got at PrideFest last year. But remember, as Mark Twain said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco," so maybe you can find a "LESBIAN" parka or something to wear instead.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So hey while yer in SF maybe you could stop by Femina Potens "art gallery" at 465 S. Van Ness.
They have slam poets, movie festivals, and lesbian kniting cirles as well as art. You might run into Michelle Tea and other Dyke (or well Ex-Dyke) literati. And Tina Butcher might be able to find you a job and stuff (ya never know). She's got some weird dude giving her lots of money too. Well friendly lesbian in your case.
not really my webpage but i think my email is broken

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

nice new blog format, by the way. looks good. hope sf pride is better than portland pride just was. pride hear tends to fizzle a little. oh well. you should swing up and visit portland while you're on the west coast -- you'd probably dig it. not as cool as sf, i'm sure, but cheaper to live.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Duh, RC, you're the sugar mama. My fairy godfather is a supernatural drag queen with an Aussie accent ("Purple! That's not purple! That's lavender!") I mean, unless there's something you're not telling me...

Jason: thanks for the info! Like there wasn't already a million and one things I wanted to do...I'd probably faint if I ever ran into Michelle Tea.

RPP: I'll see if I can sweet talk RC into swinging by Portland :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home