Thursday, June 08, 2006

A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.

Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

Cheering myself up. This is not procrastination. Can't work on my skills resume if I'm depressed!

So here's my pics from the set of Becoming Jane (heads up Mags and Lady Jane!) These were taken in Dublin on May 14th, right near Lord Edward Street.


Extras standing around a big truck full of cables and other film stuff.


See the woman in yellow? She has an out fit exactly like that of Elizabeth Elliot's canary ensemble in Persuasion.



They were all just hanging out, taking advantage of the sunshine, but I was suddenly struck by my latent shyness and, like a true fan, gawked from a distance.

This next one I snapped through the window of our bus. It's the best one; the money shot, if you will.


LOOK at that fabric! ::wipes drool off chin:: I'd have a cigarette too if I had to wear that hat though. And her pal there looks like a leprechaun. Let's hope he's not the hero.

Okay. Back to work.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

blogging more frequently will also make you happy. trust me.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm just seeing this...sorry, haven't been reading blogs lately. (I'm writing a book! That will be published! And should be doing it now and not reading blogs! Details to come!) Anyway, maybe that IS Miss Elliot's outfit; it belongs to a costume-rental outfit--I saw it in Bath last year at the Costume Museum. But why is someone wearing a costume made for a film that took place in 1815 in a film that takes place in the 1790s??? ARGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home