Tuesday, May 03, 2005

signed, sealed, delivered

It's a good thing I don't have a webcam; otherwise you all would have just witnessed me dancing around the room to Stevie Wonder.

My mom called me up this afternoon. I finally, finally, FINALLY got my teaching assignment from the French embassy. Unfortunately the letter was in French. And my mom doesn't speak anything but good American. So she proceeded to spell the letter out to me:

"l apostrophe a-s-s-i-s-t-a-n-t-d-apostrophe-a-n-g-l-a-i-s-p-o-u-r-l-apostrophe-e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n-s-e-c-o-n-d-a-i-r-e-"

I tried to interrupt her, "Mom, look, can you just see if you can find an address or a place name or something?"

Which did not deter her in the least, god bless her. She did pronounce any familiar looking words as if they were English:

"e-n-Nancy-m-e-t-z-"

"Wait! Omigod! They're sending me to Metz! Cool!"

Hence, all the giddy dancing. I'm really freaking excited, mainly because I didn't fuck something up for once, and I finally know where I'll be in six months.

::collapses in relief::

Right, back to Mary Balogh; our heroine has totally been making out with the Duke of Tresham in the library in the middle of the night. Scandal!

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm gathering from that post that you are going to France to teach English? Anne Hudgnes...a teacher!!?? Congratulations!
~Katie K

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Well, I'll be an assistant. Basically like a tutor. It's a means of getting me to Europe, so I"m taking advantage of it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Lady Crumpet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home