Wednesday, April 20, 2005

in which I put way, way too much thought and effort into yet another meme

via Greener Pastures

Name four books on your bookshelf:
Son of the Shadows, Juliet Marillier
The Feminine Mystique, Betty Friedan
Women in Love, D.H. Lawrence
Fairy Tales, the Brothers Grimm

none of which I've actually read yet.

Name four DVDs in your collection:
Charlotte Gray
Sense and Sensibility
Much Ado About Nothing

and...wait for it...you'll never guess....Tipping the Velvet (shocker!)

Name four things on your walls:
two Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban posters, one in French (Les tenebres se rapprochent! "Darkness is coming," more or less). My Anne Taintor calendar (April's caption reads "I plead insanity." Rather apt, I think. My favorite says "Maybe I want to look cheap.") I also have a "Smart Women in Sensible Shoes" poster, but I don't actually have room for it on the wall.

Name four things in your wardrobe:
A white knee-length cotton skirt, red undershirt with faded "California" text (both of which I'm wearing now), a Macbeth t-shirt from a Shakespeare festival (that's just gotta be bad luck, now that I think of it), and my FMLA "Smash Patriarchy" shirt.

Name four artists in your music collection:
David Gray, Cesaria Evora, Loretta Lynn, Loreena McKennitt

Name four real life stores you shop at regularly:
Borders, Barnes and Nobles, and Target when I'm home, and Hyvee grocery store here at school.

Name four things in your bag:
A zine I picked up from my friendly neighborhood anarchists: Jane, Documents from Chicago's Clandestine Abortion Service 1968-1973, photocopies of miscellaneous scholarly articles on Anthony Trollope, ticket stub from Versailles palace (which, I gotta say, was kinda over-rated. But I have this wierd thing about keeping ticket stubs), and a tampon, a bit superfluous now that I've switched to cloth pads (which are FANTASTIC), but couldn't hurt to have a back up I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home