Tuesday, April 26, 2005

That's "Your Holiness Andygrrl I" to you!

You know, with all my belly-aching over Nazi Pope B16 (I am so refering to him as that now. Makes him sound like a vitamin, or a chemical additive), I totally forgot that, shit, I'm a pope too!

Drawing Down the Moon (my entry into paganism) has a picture of the Discordian pope card that I photocopied and promptly lost (how fitting). I've been a pope (popess? or La Papess, like the tarot card) all this time and didn't know it.

I've accepted the fact that as a pagan most people are going to regard me as a wierd, flaky, New-Agey crunchy hippie freak, and I'm okay with that; good luck finding another spiritual movement that has an entire sect devoted to complete nonsense:

III - A Discordian is Required during his early Illumination to Go Off Alone & Partake Joyously of a Hot Dog on a Friday; this Devotive Ceremony to Remonstrate against the popular Paganisms of the Day: of Catholic Christendom (no meat on Friday), of Judaism (no meat of Pork), of Hindic Peoples (no meat of Beef), of Buddhists (no meat of animal), and of Discordians (no Hot Dog Buns).
IV - A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub.
V - A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.
IT IS SO WRITTEN! SO BE IT. HAIL DISCORDIA! PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED.

(from the Discordian Five Commandments)

I heart Discordians majorly.

In other news, I have a cold and feel like shit, have nearly finished my senior thesis which I'm presenting on Friday, and am totally thrilled with the new Miss Marple series on PBS.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Miss Marple! Good luck with your senior project. It sounds like a real bitch!
~Katie K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home