Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What's the Welsh for "hobbit"?

It's a Tolkeinesque week. Last night Elrond and I were watching The Return of the King, (sniggering variously at the homoeroticism between Frodo and Sam, Viggo Mortensen's wandering accent, and Orlando Bloom's performance as Captain Obvious) and I find today that somebody in Wales has built themselves a hobbit house. For real, they live in it. And it's eco-friendly. Bilbo would be proud. I'm taking it as a sign of the Non-Apocalypse.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Winter said...

somebody in Wales has built themselves a hobbit house

It's NOT me.

just to get that clear.

I love a bit of Lord of the Rings homoeroticism myself.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

well, you may be shortish but I wouldn't say you're hobbit sized ;)

And yeah, that Rosie hobbit chick is such a beard for poor Sam.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger belledame222 said...

hee hee. yeh, Frodo's pretty, i can totally see the slash appeal.

that house--well, i guess eco-friendly makes up for, cringe, a bit twee. but, mazel tov, as long as they're happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home