Wednesday, July 26, 2006

late night meme blogging

This one's actually fairly interesting.

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
Mo from Dykes to Watch Out For. My alter-ego in comic book form. The self-righteousness, the endless raging against the machine, the obsessive passion for books, the attraction to nerdy girls, the vegetarianism, it's all there, though I have better taste in turtlenecks and do not share the Martha Stewart fantasy. "We're living in a Protestant police state and all I'm worried about is getting a job so I can help perpetuate the paranoid patriarchal death culture!" See? I am Mo, she is me.
2. What's your current relationship status?
Unexpected and unrequited. And secret, as well, she has no idea. It's all very tragic, I must say. I hate being blindsided by love. Believe it or not, having half a continent and an entire ocean between us actually helps. Takes it all out of my hands; Fate. Not Meant To Be. Ah well.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
I've had a few heart-stopping moments on the road, but no.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Oh that's boring. Everybody knows I'm a geek smarty-pants. A non-obvious quality that I have: I play a sharp game of 8-ball.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
I spent the whole day with this godawful French song "Pas sans toi" on repeat, it was torture.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry:
Polyamorous open relationship with Jena Malone and Scarlett Johansen. And I'd have Emma Thompson as my bit on the side. (I'm a Libra, you expect me to decide?)
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
No one. See #2: nobody loves me! [/Bridget Jones]
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Mom said I looked like a punk Audrey Hepburn.
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
You know those rubber wristbands? I have one that's also a digital watch, green, with French expressions for time written on it. I got it in Paris. I like to brag about it.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Cartilege in my right ear. I have to keep taking my eyebrow ring out for work and it's becoming a real pain; I seem to have Wolverine-type powers of self-healing. I've had the piercing for over a year and it keeps wanting to close up.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
Only in my daydreams.
12. Do you like pain?
Are you kidding? I just spent 8 hours straight on my feet. My knees are killing me.
13. Do you like to shop?
The need to own books is a terrible addiction; I tried to cut back by only buying from the library sale table. I'm still buying the same amount of books as before, but at least it's cheaper.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
2 rolls of paper towels, 2 "baby congratulations" cards, a bag of lime flavored tortilla chips, salsa, and Twix.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Probably my last hostel in Paris...sigh...
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Cranky Yankee, my old college roommate. Got an update on her never-ending romantic woes. She still has crappy taste in men.
17. What is on your desktop background?
Opening background of the British series Rosemary and Thyme, about two English ladies who run a gardening business and solve murders on the side, because I am indeed that big of a dork. I have this weakness for twee British mystery shows. I'm a big fan of Hetty Wainthrop too.
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
Default. Cell phones are annoying. I only have three people in my contacts list, and one of them is there so I can avoid her calls.
19. Do you like redheads?
Do I like redheads. I'm currently lusting after Kari Byron of Mythbusters. Sexy, artsy, gutsy, funny, nerdy as hell ::trails off into gibbering, drooling mess::
20. Do you know any twins?
I did, in high school. They made movies and were obsessed with the Beatles. One of them claimed she called up Paul McCartney just by asking the operator for his phone number.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
No, just the usual gradations of dysfunctional. They're mostly nice, all in all.
22. What was the last movie you watched?
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, with La Chanteuse. "A desert holiday, let's pack the drag away. You take the lunch and tea, I'll take the ecstasy. Fuck off you silly queer, I'm getting out of here. A desert holiday, hip hip hip hip hooray! "
23. What was the last book you read?
Just finished up The Sevenwaters Trilogy, a very satisfying fantasy series. Dark ages Ireland and fairies and evil curses and luv and all that.

Ganked from Sylvan. I tag everyone.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sonja Nelson said...

great meme Andygrrrl :D I can understand the fascination with british crime drama-- my mom, grandmother and sister are obsessed.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Winter said...

I might steal this meme.

Unexpected and unrequited. And secret, as well, she has no idea [...]Fate. Not Meant To Be. Ah well.

Does it have to be such a secret? Are you frightened of how she might react? That's what always seems to stop me from saying anything. Following a couple of extremely painful incidents, I now have a morbid horror of rejection which is currently rendering me unable to communicate interest to women. However, looking back, I wish I had said something sooner because lack of communication turned out to be a large part of what fucked up those relationships.

Long distance though ... always a problem I suppose.

By the way, if you're consuming Women who run with Wolves, you might like Wild Woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home