Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Grrl genius

MAN!! I didn't just write that paper, I kicked its fucking ass!! Woo! I love this euphoric feeling, when you know you've done really good work.
It's an essay for TeacherCrush, to boot. It's terribly pathetic, really. I just think she's absolutely wonderful in every way; I always spend class furiously taking notes in order to keep myself from gazing adoringly at her with great big googly eyes. I knock myself out to impress her. I was wracked with anxiety when she handed back the first paper; I was convinced my thesis was too vague, my subject too broad, my analysis too superficial, she was just going to tear it apart, oh god she thinks I'm an idiot, please don't let her think I'm an idiot! When I saw I got an A- minus I was happy and relieved, of course; and then I immediately thought "Wait! I can make it better! Let me fix it!"
Which is totally unlike me; I've always been perfectly satisfied with a B average. But I become a perfectionist for this woman. It's a wonder little hearts don't pop up and float around my head whenever I speak to her. And I'm paranoid that somehow she'll find out about my crush, and I'd have to crawl in a hole and die from humiliation. Oh god.
But hey, it's doing wonders for my GPA, so that's something.

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Héhé! Is this the same TeacherCrush as before? ;)

Donne-moi tes coordonées un jour, si tu en as envie - je ne peux pas t'écrire sans ton addresse! :) -L

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Yes. It is. ::hides face in embarassment:: I so thought I was over her when I signed up for the course, but no, definitely not. If anything it's worse.

Oh, and I have a letter for you, mais je n'ai pas des timbres, which is a bit of a problem, but I'll try to send it off this week, so you'll have my address then.

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Héhé, c'est bien ce que je pensais!

Oh, et je crois que les timbres internationaux aux E-U coutent 80 centimes chacun. (Tu m'avais démandé dans ton mail...) Je t'enverrai une carte postale bientôt, c'est juste une question de temps en ce moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home