Thursday, September 09, 2004

I guess this means I'm an evil geek

Ravenclaw Crest
And the Sorting Hat shouts: RAVENCLAW!You're uber-intelligent, creative, and logical.
You can be timid and you try to avoid
confrontation at all costs. You can't think of
anything greater than knowledge. Professor
Flitwick will be pleased to make your
acquaintance. Congratulations!

The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
brought to you by Quizilla

HASH(0x8b04514)
Your a Slytherin! Sly, sarcastic, mysterious and
determined you'll do anything to get your way.
You can be hard to get along with, but first
looks can be decieving because underneith the
Slytherin pride is a kind hearted soul just
waiting for show. You can find the good in
evil.


Hogwarts Sorting Hat Quiz
brought to you by Quizilla

I'd like to make a button that says that: EVIL GEEK. I kinda like it. I'm really glad to be back now that the first week of classes are over. Relieved to be back as the secretary/historian in FMLA, especially after a summer of just sitting at home stewing in outrage. It's going to be a busy semester so I think I'm going to focus a bit more on my classes here on my blog. On the one hand I've got Queer Theory and a Women's Studies course, and on the other I'm studying Old English Literature, Early American Literature, and a course in the history of literary criticism. So my reading is going to be all over the place; I've already had to drag myself through Plato's The Republic and Aristotle's Poetics. The Greeks are so. fucking. boring. A philosopher I am not. I am also forced to read Oedipus Rex (AGAIN. please, make it stop!) and The Last of the Mohicans. But I also get to study Beowulf (huzzah!), and one of my favorite novels ever, Evelina. And Macbeth too, so it all works out in the end.
I think I'll also try something a little different and just post excerpts or quotes from whatever I'm reading, passages that I particularly liked or I've been thinking about. I might not have time to post any thoughts or commentary with it, but I wanted a bit of a change from the "review" format, "I read such-and-such a book and did or didn't like it for whatever reasons."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home