Sunday, May 30, 2004

have book, will travel

Well, I'll be off to France tomorrow morning. So I'm afraid the Sandman reviews won't be up until July (you're all on tenterhooks, I can tell). I have no idea what my internet access will be like, but I probably won't be able to post often. I'll be reading Harry Potter et la chambre des secrets (thanks L!), and Maigret tend un piege while I'm there. The Maigret novels are mysteries that were written in the 50s; I had to read another one for class once (though my French was such that I never figured out whodunnit or why). M. Maigret stomps around dead bodies on the streets of bohemian Paris, smoking copiously, drinking wine at 9 in the morning, and ignoring his wife. It's all very French. And with any luck I'll be able to check out the second-hand booksellers opposite Notre Dame when I'm in Paris. So, that's about it.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'adore le fait que tu parles de ce voyage d'une maniere si 'livresque'! :) Comme je te l'avais dit hier, je suis vachement heureuse pour toi. Je suis certaine que ca sera un bon voyage et que tu apprendras beaucoup. (Meme si tu vas me manquer tellement! Putain, tu me manques deja et tu n'es meme pas encore partie!) Et, en plus, tu vas decouvrir que je ne mens pas quand je te dis que tu connais plus de francais que tu ne crois!

-L. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home