Saturday, May 15, 2004

A Gentle Madness

Well, after moving all my crap out of the apartment and back home, I seem to have achieved the impossible: I've managed to fit every book I own, including the ones I haven't read yet (43), onto my meager bookshelves. With (very little) room to spare, no less. They're fairly groaning under effort, but I did it. I re-alphabetized it all too (and yes, I enjoy rearranging my books); resulted in some strange bed(shelf?)fellows: setting fluffy and femme Georgette Heyer next to Hemingway tickles to me to no end, but I feel kind of bad for Sarah Waters, sandwiched between Kurt Vonnegut and ATTACK of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster SNOW GOONS! (Calvin and Hobbes, of course).
Like the shiny new template? I liked the old one but I thought I'd try out the new ones blogger has. And this feels more appropriate for a book blog. I've finished Lost in a Good Book, and decided to start Laurence Sterne's A Sentimental Journey through France and Italy, which Austen references (as does Rozema, more extensively) in Mansfield Park. And, since in two weeks I'll be going to France for a month, I thought it was good timing. So I guess this blog will be more or less on temporary hiatus until early July. Which sucks, since I only just started it, but who knows, maybe I'll find an incredibly fascinating French novel to talk about when I get back.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph. Have to post anonymously. I'll think about signing up for Blogger commenting...guess I'll have to sign up for TypeKey, too. *sigh* Frickin' spammers wrecking everything, mumble grumble...

Anyway--I just wanted to say that I think the Divine Georgette would probably get a kick out of being next to Uncle Ernie. She'd probably give him an earful, too.

--Mags

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new template! It's a bit easier to read, too.

I am in the process of figuring out how to do my bookshelves this summer - the eternal question, renewed every time I get back from school - and am not sure that my success will be as great as yours. Hmm.

-Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home