Wednesday, April 19, 2006

gone away to be happy at Bath

and London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Berlin...

[/obscure Jane Austen reference]

Thanks for all your comments on the previous post, folks. It helps to be listened to.

I'm leaving on Friday morning for what is essentially a month-long supersized literary geek-out in Britain (three words, my friends: "Jane Austen pilgrimage".) I've been waiting my whole life to do something like this. Let's hope I don't run out of money. Posting will be erratic at best, I imagine (mostly along the lines of "yes I'm still alive" and "OMG Chawton is awesome I luuuuuuuurve Jane Austen!!")

And now I have to pack.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger JaneFan said...

I'm SO jealous!!! Have a GREAT time! I was only able to get away from London for one short, rainy day in Bath. I got to the Jane Austen Centre 5 minutes after the last group was allowed in the exhibit. Oh well, at least the gift shop was still open!

OMG, I'll be in Ireland in just 2 weeks!! LOL it kinda just dawned on me... Whoopee!!!!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger HB said...

I love England. And yes, I'm jealous too! Have a brilliant, wonderful trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home