Thursday, February 10, 2005

It feels like Christmas!!

It came! It came today!!

I sent a check to Small Beer Press weeks ago for Theodora Goss' The Rose in Twelve Petals after reading her poem "The Ophelia Cantos" on the Endicott website. I fell instantly, madly in love (and it doesn't hurt that Goss herself is frickin' gorgeous). I've been checking the mailbox everyday, even though I knew it can't possibly come today, I just sent off for it, but I couldn't help myself.

And here it is. It is like Christmas, like when you're a kid and you run to the tree and you're genuinely surprised and thrilled that Santa came, because you never know, maybe he won't this year, but he did, and you jump up and down with excitement. It's just a 6 dollar chapbook stapled together, but it's got illustrations by Charles Vess and it's beautiful. And tomorrow's Friday and I only have one class in the morning so I can spend the rest of the day curled up with it in the library, trying to make it last while wanting to gobble it up at the same time.

Dear Small Beer Press, there are so many of your titles I want I can't make up my mind. I love you. Will you marry me? You do live in Massachuesetts, after all.

I think I'm officially out of my funk, for the weekend at least. How can anyone not love books?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home