Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun*

gacked from Negative Capability (who officially has the coolest blog name ever):

How many of these poems do you know by their first lines? Copy the list and make your own, replacing the lines you don't know with poems that you do. Replacements in bold.

1. Had we but world enough, and time,
2. anyone lived in a pretty how town
3. Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
4. Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
5. Do not go gentle into that good night,
6. The Heart asks Pleasure--first--
7. He is more than a hero
8. That’s my last Duchess painted on the wall,
9. Turning and turning in the widening gyre
10. I am a miner. The light burns blue.

Anyway, I'm thinking of giving up this blog. It's been fun, but I'm tired of having to have something to say, and rambling away into empty space. But I don't know. This is symptomatic of my larger "Oh fuck what the hell am I going to do after I graduate so that I don't have to go grad school and/or move back in with my parents! Fuck!" crisis. I've had an increasing desire to disconnect, and cut what few ties I have to anyone and anything. I've been thinking of spending a year in China teaching English, just me and the 2nd volume of the Norton Anthology of English Literature. Seeing as I fucked up my application to France and all (surprise!). Why not. There's nothing keeping me here, certainly not the hot'n'heavy lesbian dating scene of the rural midwest [/sarcasm]. I think something that drastic might be what I need.

*Shakespeare, of course. Sonnet 130, my favorite.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Anne Hudgens-
I agree with you that impeding doom is upon us all. The DU girls and I have decided that our world will come crashing down in a hault. What will happen after that...no one knows! Anyway, one of my really great friends here has an older brother who taught English in Germany and now in Japapn after he graduated. If you want more info, or just someone's opinion who has done it, I could probably get you in comtact with him. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy what precious time you have left before the Apocalypse comes (AKA May).
~Katie Kinney

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Yeah, well, thanks to you I'll be spending that precious time ON FACEBOOK!! >:P It's sucked me in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home