Wednesday, January 26, 2005

because I can

Another meme. But never fear. Promethea Book 2 came in today through inter-library loan, with Sandman's "World's End" on the way, so it's gonna be some geeky comic-book goodness coming up in the next few days.

1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection: The Barenaked Ladies' album Gordon. With immortal gems such as "Grade 9", "Be My Yoko Ono," and "Brian Wilson," it's soooo horribly geeky, but I can't seem to part with it.
2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge at night: Chocolate chips, straight from the bag. Or eating Hershey's chocolate syrup with a spoon.
3. How much money would it take to give up the Internet for one year: $6,480, give or take (I did the math in my head so don't bet on it), which is more or less the money I would have to live off of if I managed to get to France next year.
4. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie: I don't cry at movies. Ever. Finding Neverland is the only one that managed to make me cry, probably because Peter Pan was a huge part of my childhood. I had something of crush on Mary Martin, I think. I remember crying the night before my tenth birthday; Peter Pan hadn't come for me yet, and I was convinced that once I hit double digits I'd be too old to go to Neverland.
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear: Things that go bump in the night. Seriously. I'm always convinced that someone's trying to break into the house while I'm asleep.
6. What is a physical habit that gives away your insecure moments: biting my thumbnail.
7. Do you know anyone famous: no, but I can connect myself to Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, and Jude Law in 2 degrees.
8. Describe your bed: Lofted, with a hard mattress.
9. Do you know how to play poker: Yep. My friends and I used to play tripoli in grade school.
10. What do you carry with you at all times: A book. If I leave without one I inevitably find myself in a situation where I've got time on my hands and nothing to read.
11. What do you miss most about being little: The sense of wonder. I've always had a vivid imagination, which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm a day-dreamy girl and I spent most of my childhood crawling under bushes and getting stuck in cupboards in my effort to reach Narnia. I fully expected to find myself in another world at any moment. The heroines in the books I read were always having unexpected magical adventures, I didn't see why I shouldn't have some as well.
12. Are you happy with your given name: Yes. It's old-fashioned and simple. A bit like me, I think.
13. What color is your bedroom: White. Though for about 10 years it was Pepto-Bismol pink, of all things. I hate pink.
14. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person: Yes. I can be unthinkingly cruel or selfish though; it's not intentional but I tend to live too much in my head and don't notice what's going on around me.
15. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance or your friends: not applicable. I probably spend too much time on my own.
16. What’s one thing you wish you could do but can’t: Write. I wish I could be a writer, but I don't know if I have it in me. I don't think I do.
17. What is your ideal marriage location: Okay, well, assuming we're in an alternate universe where I a) want to get married, b) am legally allowed to get married, and c) don't hate weddings as a general rule, I'd pick The Garden of the Gods in Colorado. I had a cousin get married there, and it's such a beautiful setting.
18. What’s one instrument you wish you could play: the cello.
19. Something you love and hate: TV. It's such vast amounts of crap, with hardly enough decent programs to make it worth while, but I keep getting sucked in.
20. What’s one language you want to learn: Russian.
21. What do you order at a bar: a beer. Usually Dos Equis or Heineken
22. Have you ever pierced your body parts: No. Someday.
23. Do you drive stick: No.
24. What’s one trait you hate in a person: arrogance
25. What kind of watch do you wear: Non-digital with a metal-studded black leather wristband.
26. Do you consider yourself materialistic: Only about books and music, and I'm trying to work on that. Simplify, simplify.
27. Favorite writing instrument: one of those fine-point pens with the nice dark ink.
28. Do you prefer to blend in or stand out: blend in, mostly.
29. Do you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex: I can dress pretty butch sometimes, but now that I've grown out my hair I'm no longer mistaken for a boy.
30. What is one car you will never buy: an SUV. I'd rather eat thumbtacks.
31. If you won the lottery, what would you do: Invest!
32. Burial or cremation: A nice, simple burial. Maybe in the family plot in the country, I don't know.
33. If you don’t like a person, how do you show it: Cool politeness or ignoring them outright.
34. What kind of first impression do you think you give people: Quite. Bookish. Geek. Which is accurate.
35. How many drinks before you’re tipsy: 2 or 3.
36. Have you ever done any illegal drugs: Never.
37. Do you think you’re cute: I think so. The purple hair is an improvement.
38. Do you have a problem changing clothes in front of your friends: Not usually.
39. What’s the most painful experience you’ve ever had (emotionally and/or physically): Emotional: my closeted adolescence, culminating in a really horrible first two years at college. Physical: When I was 13 and had 7 permanent teeth removed. Fuckin' orthodontists.
40. Favorite communication method: email. I hate the phone.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

40. Favorite communication method: email. I hate the phone.

I agree whole-heartedly! There is nothing better than being able to ignore the emails that you don't want to respond to right away!!
~Katie

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Exactly! and with email I at least have a chance to think of what to say and word it coherently. I'm such a crappy conversationalist, and I stutter and mumble too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home