Saturday, January 22, 2005

I promise to talk about Henry Fielding tomorrow

not that I will necessarily have anything eloquent or insightful to say. But it's Saturday night, I'm bored, and I'm a meme geek. Sorry.

1. Name: Andy. Well, that's my family pet name, anyway.
2. Birthday: October 19
3. Piercings: None, as of yet.
4. Tattoos: None, but I think I'll get one after I graduate. Coming-of-age/end of an era/passage of time thing.
5. Height:5'4", give or take.
6. Shoe size: 7 1/2
7. Hair color: Mousy brown, currently with purple streaks
8. Hair Length: Just past my ears.
9. Pets: Furry animals make me sneeze.
10. In the morning I am: comatose.
11. Love is: pig-headed perseverence, if my parents are any example. They've been through 34 years of financial woes, unemployment, post-traumatic stress syndrome, alchoholism, domestic violence, and infertility, and they still flirt with each other like teenagers. Not even their gay daughter has destroyed the institution of their marriage, so I guess it must be love.
12. If I could see one person right now: S. I want to know how her trip to Brazil was.
Last...
1. Movie you rented:
Veronica Guerin. Cate Blanchett is a goddess.
2. Movie you bought: Charlotte Gray. See above. christ that woman is beautiful.
3. Song you listened to:"Glass," Leslie Barber; from the Mansfield Park soundtrack.
4. Song you had stuck in your head: Theme from Horatio Hornblower
5. Song you've downloaded: a Tipping the Velvet music video of Moby's "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?"
6. Person you've called:Mom and Dad.
7. Person that called you: Mom and Dad. Tuition stuff.
Do...
1. You have a B/F or G/F?:
no. My rep as Big Dyke on Campus is fairly useless in this area.
2. You have a crush on someone?: Well, I'm over TeacherCrush, thank god. I made sure all my professors were middle aged men this semester. I still have a thing for StraightGirl, who's in my class yet again, but it's a pleasant, "gosh she's cute and I like spending time with her" kind of thing.
3. You wish you could live somewhere else?: Fuck yeah. Come graduation I am getting the hell out of Dodge.
4. You think about suicide?: No. Been there, don't fancy returning there any time soon.
5. You believe in online dating? Sure. Real life dating's a bitch.
6. Others find you attractive?: Apparently not. If so, they don't let on.
7. You want more piercings?: I think I'll pierce something as a graduation gift to myself.
8. You want more tattoos?: See above.
9. Do you like cleaning? I like washing the dishes. Freakish, I know.
10. You write in cursive or print?: I write in a very fluid, elegant cursive that's vaguely reminiscent of an 18th century hand and is also completely illegible. I get complimented on it all the time, but I'm the only person who can read it.
11. You carry a donor card?: A blood donor card.
For or against...
1. Long distance relationships:
I wouldn't really know, but I don't see why not.
2. Using someone: no
3. Suicide: No. Although I'm willing to admit a little gray area when it comes to debilitating terminal illnesses.
4. Killing people: no
5. Teenage smoking: no.
6. Driving drunk: do you know anybody who's for these things? of course not.
7. Gay/lesbian relationships: My favorite pride button has a happy little stick-figure dyke saying "Gay! Yay!" It's so cheerful and positive. Yay! Go me!
Favorite...
1. Food?
Mushrooms
2. Song? The Chieftains' "The Ballyfin Polkas" Never fails to cheer me up.
3. Thing to do? Hike. Though I can tell knitting will soon take up a large chunk of my free time.
4. Thing to talk about? Eddie Izzard, with R. We can do the entire Dress to Kill routine verbatim.
5. Sports? Soccer.
6. Drinks? Mountain Dew. And wine. Not together, obviously.
7. Clothes? My nifty scarf I just finished knitting. And my green tennis shoes.
8. Movies? Jane Austen adaptations being a given, I'll have to go with "The Shop Around the Corner". I used to use my undying affection for Jimmy Stewart as evidence that I was straight.
9. Bands? CCR, The Clash, The Chieftains, the Butchies, the Beatles, Le Tigre, Gjallarhorn, Flogging Molly
10. Holiday? Halloween
11. Car? my old 1978 Chevy Nova. It was my first car, and I really miss it. I called it The Beast.
12. Ever cried over a girl/ man /human? Yes
13. Ever lied to someone? Yes. I'm more of a dissembler than a liar, and I'm quite proficient at it. It's one of my biggest character flaws. I tend to do it more out of fear than anything else.
14. Ever been in a fight or arrested? No.
What...
1. Shampoo do you use?
Whatever is cheap and has a fruity fragrance
2. Perfume/Cologne do you use? None
3. Number of times I have had my heart broken? once
4. Number of hearts I have broken? Oh I very much doubt I've ever had that much influence on anyone.
5. # Of people kissed? One Peck on the lips? yep Tongue involved? that too.
6. # Of drugs taken illegally? none. I'm squeaky clean
7. # Of people I would classify as true, could trust with my life type friends? One or two, I think.
8. # Of people I consider my enemies? Besides the Bush Administration? I'm too lazy for grudges and feuds.
9. # Of people from high school that I stayed in contact with? One, really.
10. # Of CDs? 70-80.
11. # Of scars on body? One, on my belly button. I had an operation when I was a toddler, and as result I have both an innie and and outie.
12. # Of things in my past that I regret? Not too much, I hardly have enough life experience for real regrets. Mostly stuff I didn't do.
Have You...
1. Pictured your crush naked?
heck yeah
2. Actually seen your crush naked? hell no
3. Been in love? nope
4. Cried when someone died? This is going to sound really horrible, but the only time I cried at a death was when I was a kid and we had to put my dog down. I haven't had too many people die on me, fortunately, mainly great-aunts and uncles I didn't know very well, and a grandmother I didn't much like.
5. Drank alcohol? I didn't used to, but now I'm something of a social drinker on occaision.
With the opposite /same sex:
1. What do you notice first? Eyes.
Who:
1. Makes you laugh the most?
my sister.
2. Makes you smile? R.
3. Gives you a funny feeling when you see them? K and company
4. Is easiest to talk to: R.
Have you ever:
1. Sat on the Internet all day waiting for someone special to I.M. you?
No
2. Saved AOL/AIM conversations? No
3. Cried because of someone saying something to you? Well of course
4. Fallen for your best friend? thankfully no
5. Been rejected? yep
6. Rejected someone? kinda sorta not really. Mainly me freaking out when I thought a guy friend was interested in me, back in the closet days.
7. Been cheated on? nope
Who was the last person:
1. You talked to?
C, my roommate
2. Hugged? J.
3. Kissed? Besides my parents, L.
4. You instant messaged? K
5. You laughed with? C.
Do you:
1. Color your hair?
last night, actually. The purple was fading.
2. Ever get off the darn computer? Not when I'm at school.
3. Habla espanol? Non. Je parle francais. J'adore francais mais l'espagnol est plus utile aux Etats-Unis.
Have you/ Are you/ Do you:
1. Obsessive:
About books/movies (i.e. Charlotte Gray, Gigi, Horatio Hornblower, Jane Austen)
2. Could you live without the computer? Sure. I live quite easily without it when I'm at home.
3. How many people are on your buddy list? don't have one.
4. What's your favorite food? like I said, mushrooms; and potatoes
5. What's your favorite fruit? strawberries
6. Drink alcohol? again, sometimes
7. Like watching sunrises or sunset? both.
8. What hurts the most, physical pain or emotional pain? Emotional pain. Physical pain generally goes away, but you can't get anything over-the-counter for heartache, depression, anger, etc.
9. Trust others way too easily? no. I'm shy and cautious by nature.

Final Questions:
I want:
some more yarn. I want to make a hat to go with my scarf.
I wish: I went to school in a city
I love: my books
I miss: the relationship I used to have with my brother
I fear: too many things.
I hear: peace and quiet, for once.
I wonder: where I'll be in six months.
I am: tired. Goodnight.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my dear, i must admit that your weblog is far more amusing than my biochemistry homework...real shocker i'm sure. anyway...here is my comment:
9. Do you like cleaning? I like washing the dishes. Freakish, I know.
~You can come do my dishes anytime you are feeling bored!!
9. Bands? Floggin Molly
~WOOT WOOT!! I love flogging molly!
11. # Of scars on body? One, on my belly button. I had an operation when I was a toddler, and as result I have both an innie and and outie.
~You are a super FREAK!
9. # Of people from high school that I stayed in contact with? One, really.
~That number better mean me, or else....
2. Ever get off the darn computer? Not when I'm at school.
~HA HA HA! but seriously, what will we do when we return home to our crappy non-T1 connections?!

Well, that sure was long...back to biochem...blech!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home