Thursday, December 16, 2004

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them."

Happy Austen Day! My favorite author is 229 years old today. Ideally I would spend every December 16 re-reading my favorite parts in her novels, consuming copious amounts of tea and cake, dancing a set or two, and watching Persuasion for the umpteenth time while knitting and cross-stitching (Jane brings out my femme side something fierce). But she had the very bad manners to be born right in the middle of finals, so I'll be studying and packing instead. Bah humbug.

But when a young lady is to be a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero[ine] in her way. Northanger Abbey

Hey, I only modified it just a teensy bit; and I'm still waiting for the universe to back Austen up on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home