Wednesday, April 18, 2007

when in doubt

post a poem.

Fat Is Not a Fairy Tale

I am thinking of a fairy tale,
Cinder Elephant,
Sleeping Tubby,
Snow Weight,
where the princess is not
anorexic, wasp-waisted,
flinging herself down the stairs.

I am thinking of a fairy tale,
Hansel and Great,
Repoundsel,
Bounty and the Beast,
where the beauty
has a pillowed breast,
and fingers plump as sausage.

I am thinking of a fairy tale
that is not yet written,
for a teller not yet born,
for a listener not yet conceived,
for a world not yet won,
where everything round is good:
the sun, wheels, cookies, and the princess.
Jane Yolen

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That fucking ROCKS.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Yeah, Jane Yolen's pretty freakin' awesome.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger kkinney2 said...

i like this poem! by the way...guess who is pregnant!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

Oh MY FRICKIN' GAWD!

And now I can't remember your email address! Fuck! I'll have to Facebook you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home