Saturday, September 23, 2006

not dead, just sore

ow. I need to practice, and work out more, giving a massage leaves my client relaxed and me achy. I'm the butchest one in my class, which includes a long-haired gangly Nice Guy from North Carolina, a statuesque blond from Iceland, a Navajo girl who grew up off the res in New Jersey, of all places, and a Japanese boy who speaks very little English. It's the most challenging thing I've ever done. I have to learn how to learn in a non-book-centric way. For once, I'm not automatically the head of the class without trying. I'm enjoying it. It's kind of refreshing.

Live in the desert is good. I dumped the ice cream shop for a cafe and am now the hip barista I always wanted to be. I do not, however, speak Starbuckian, so if you come in asking for a double tall frappacino, I'm just going to look at you blankly. I know how to make real coffee, not spiked milkshakes. (Starbucks is CRAP, people! When will you see the light! It's coffee for people who don't like coffee!)

My housemates are still wierd hippies who drink fungus tea (you don't want to know) but I like them just fine.

There are more things to talk about, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave you wallowing in suspense.

5 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

oh god, *life*, *life* in the desert is good...apparently my brain is sore too

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now, I've been telling everyone that Starbucks is crap for years. The last time I stepped in one was last December--to get a gift certificate. So ha! *dons black turtleneck and beret and heads off to real café*

"Live in the Desert" would be a cool name for a mix CD, though.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

ooh, it would...thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Winter said...

I have to learn how to learn in a non-book-centric way.

Eeek!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger JaneFan said...

*wallow, wallow, wallow*

glad to hear you're doing well :)

ps - I don't drink coffee, but I realized Starbucks was crap when I tried their Chai.... blegh! How do they manage to screw up everything?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home