Thursday, January 12, 2006

THANK GOD

The Smelly Kid took a bath!!!!

Smelly Kid is a 12 year old boy in what I dub the Almost Perfect Class. It would be perfect, except for Smelly Kid. It's only six kids, so they can't really act up, they're young enough to still be enthusiastic, but old enough that I can actually do interesting activities with them. But the last time I taught them we had to have the door and all the windows open, in December, because the stench from Smelly Kid was that bad. I feel horrible for the poor thing; he must have totally neglectful parents or something. Because he's a sweet boy, and smart, but for obvious reasons, always sits alone.

But today, at least, he seems to have bathed, and did not smell in the least. It was a good class.

I had an earlier class that was not so hot. It's the class with my student with the teachercrush on me. It started well enough but quickly degenerated into them tossing pencils across the room and text messaging each other, because they're thirteen and hot shit. And my professors haven't seen the need to explain the displicinary system to me, so about all I can do is yell at them, which doesn't work, of course, if I can't do anything to back it up.
It was a bit of a disaster, really. But get this. Baby Dyke actually started crying. I was totally nonplussed. I mean, jeez. Wow. La pauvre.

Also, I left the remains of my lunch behind in my locker, by accident. I just hope the tupperware holds out for a week.

Sigh. I'm going to go home, write stuff about The Forsyte Saga and French queer magazines, and hopefully post intelligent stuff this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Winter said...

Oh poor baby dyke, she was probably upset at seeing you stressed.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

That's what I thought too, Winter. Yeesh, she's got it bad. And some of the other kids started pointing at her and blabbering in French; I hope she's not being hassled. I wish I could just tell her "I know, kid, it sucks, but just hang in there and go to Paris. You'll be okay"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home