Friday, August 27, 2004

insert post title here

A fluffy little meme to finish off the summer (I move back to school tomorrow!) and because the last entry started off celebratory and kinda went all bitchy on me. Via Mouse Words

1. Your name spelled backwards. Enna. My sister is left handed, and she used to accidently write her name backwards as a kid.
2. Where were your parents born? St. Louis, MO
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Well, I haven't used my computer in three months, but it was probably desktop stuff. I am a wallpaper fiend.
4. What’s your favorite restaurant? There's a vegetarian restaurant in a nearby town that's really neat. And I love the rolls at the famous German restaurant in town.
5. Last time you swam in a pool? Probably last fall, when I had to swim for gym class.
6. Have you ever been in a school play? Once. I did a lot of speech team suggested acting, where I performed excerpts from plays in a competition. But the only time I was actually in a play was when my high school put on a production of Life With Mother Superior. I got a three-line bit part, a Catholic school girl named Anne Marie. I was absolutely flabbergasted that I got cast as myself. We didn't even have costumes, we just wore our school uniforms. You know, I played a lot of guys on speech team. Biff in Death of a Salesman, Tom Joad in The Grapes of Wrath, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer. I even played God once, when I did Bill Cosby's "Noah" sketch.
7. How many kids do you want? None, at the moment. I am perfectly happy to get paid for playing with my little cousins for an hour or two and making sure they don't burn the house down.
8. Type of music you dislike most? I have pretty eclectic taste and like a little bit of just about everything. I really really hate the Serialist school of classical music. And I can't stand that really heavy Goth metal rock stuff, where the guys have greasy braided goatees and scream suicidal lyrics. They're both just plain noise.
9. Are you registered to vote? What do you think? Actually, I should probably get registered in my College Town so I can vote for prez there instead of doing an absentee ballot. But I really like Mouse Word's response: Anyone who doesn't think voting is fun isn't doing it right. As I've said a hundred times, you should wear something to shock the upstanding ladies that run the polls when you vote. Then you should reward yourself with a margarita afterward. See, she's got the right idea. I think I'll wear one of these shirts when I vote.
10. Do you have cable? The only cable channels I want are BBC America, HBO, and Showtime. And they're exactly the ones I don't have.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? No, because they're annoying pains in the ass. Europeans sure like them though.
12. Ever prank call anybody? Nope, I was a goody two-shoes as a kid (what a weird expression).
13. Ever get a parking ticket? Nope. I'm still a goody two-shoes, the queer feminism notwithstanding.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Bungee jumping, definitely. Sky diving I'd have to think about.
15. Farthest place you ever traveled. France
16. Do you have a garden? I like to daydream about having a garden but I'm too lazy to actually create one. Guess I'll have to find myself a cute red-headed horticulturist or something.
17. What’s your favorite comic strip? Can't go wrong with Peanuts. Boondocks is good, and then there are the masters, The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes. I love Dykes to Watch Out For.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Finally! A chance to go on my National Anthem Rant! Seriously, we have the most dumb-ass anthem EVER. The music covers five octaves, and unless you're an opera singer, practically nobody has a five octave range! Plus, the words are stupid. Francis Scott Key was writing about the attack on Fort McHenry. It's about the British bombing the shit out of Baltimore Harbor during the War of 1812! Why are we singing about that? Does anybody even know what the War of 1812 was about?
(Ah, my dear Soapbox. How I love you so!)
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Showers, in the morning, except when I take them at night. I love how in English we "take" a shower and "draw" a bath. The French say "take" as well, and I consider it one of my highest achievements that I learned to say prendre une douche with a straight face.
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month? Road to Perdition, no question. Plus, I know one of the extras, so now I can connect myself to Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, and Jude Law in three degrees.
21. Favorite pizza topping? Mushrooms!
22. Chips or popcorn? Kettle corn!
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear? I only have one tube of lipstick, that my mother bought me back before I had come out to her and she was suspicious and panicking and trying desperately to make me more feminine, not that I'm even all that butch. I never have reason to wear it, but it's very pretty.
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? Um, I don't even smoke so much as cigarrettes, because I'm allergic to it. Is this drug slang or something?
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Well I can barely walk in high heels when I'm wearing a dress, never mind a bikini. And I've gotten plenty of scholarships with just my brains, thank you.
26. Orange Juice or apple? Cider! Close enough, right!
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? Um, probably with my family, at Olive Garden, right before I left for France.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar? Snickers! God, is it lunch time yet?
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? I believe it was, what, the 18th of July? My polling place is the Catholic church where my family worships. I went to grade school there, they still have the same Irish nuns running the place. There are two public schools with perfectly functional gymnasiums within two blocks of this church, but no, the lesbian gets to go to a Catholic church to vote on a state amendment that would reinforce pre-existing discriminatory law and strip her of a civil right, because the 14th amendment doesn't apply to queers! I mean, why make gay marriage illegal when you can make it really really illegal, right? [/rant]
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Well we got some of grandma's tomatoes last night for the salad, but I didn't eat any.
31. Have you ever won a trophy? I played soccer as a kid and we were pretty darn good. I was little and fast and had sharp elbows, very useful. I watched the US women's team win gold the other day and I wish I had kept with, it was the only sport I was ever any good at.
32. Are you a good cook? I can barbecue and I make a mean macaroni and cheese.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? You mean driving up to the gas station and opening the tank and putting gas in it? Doesn't everybody?
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? No, but sometimes I get sucked into the ones selling CDs of the best singer/songwriters of the 70s and stuff.
35. Sprite or 7-up? Mountain Dew! Mmm, caffiene. I developed a serious addiction last semester.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Yep, when I was schlepping rubbery hot dogs and greasy nachos to kids at the pool. I'm always super extra nice to people in food service because I know what a sucky job it is. If I had any money I'd be a big tipper too.
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Actually I can't remember the last time I bought something at the pharmacy.
38. Ever throw up in public? Thankfully, no.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? See, now you've got my inner Marianne and Elinor going at it again. Hell if I know.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight? See above.
41. Ever call a 1-900 number? Nope.
42. Can ex’s be friends? Sure.
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?My grandmother. Don't smoke, kids.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?I was completely bald until I was two years old. My dad was freaking out, he said he prayed to God to give me hair. I didn't have enough peach fuzz to stick a velcro bow on my head.
45. What message is on your answering machine? The usual. I always thought about copying George on that Seinfeld episode and leaving a corny song.
46. What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? It's been so long since I watched it I don't really know. Church Lady maybe, or Dan Ackroyd doing Julia Child.
47. What was the name of your first pet? I had a few nameless fish for a while, and then we got a dog when I was 11 or 12, a Bichon Frise named Bailey. She didn't walk so much as prance. I miss her.
48. What is in your purse? Tom Jones, card and envelope from my grandparents with 20 bucks in it, wallet, post-it note pad, voter ID card, nifty cool ticket stub from an art house theatre where I saw Before Sunset (incredible movie. Go see it!), $1.96, Borders bookstore reciept, Target receipts, Bitch lip balm, hand santizing lotion, one undeveloped roll of film (shit), and some missing part of a retractable pen.
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? Watch the Daily Show.
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today? I have the house to myself. Oh, and I finally got to watch Fire last night, which was just, wow. So good it renders you inarticulate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home