Friday, August 19, 2005

cue maniacal evil scientist laughter

I LOVE THIS:

1. Select a local bookstore to carry out your reshelving activities.
2. Download and print "This book has been relocated by the Ministry of Reshelving" bookmarks and "All copies of 1984 have been relocated" notecards to take with you to the bookstore. Or make your own. We recommend bringing a notecard and 5-10 bookmarks to each store.
3. Go to the bookstore and locate its copies of George Orwell's 1984. Unless the Ministry of Reshelving has already visited this bookstore, it is probably currently incorrectly classified as "Fiction" or "Literature."
4. Discreetly move all copies of 1984 to a more suitable section, such as "Current Events", "Politics", "History", "True Crime", or "New Non-Fiction."
5. Insert a Ministry of Reshelving bookmark into each copy of any book you have moved. Leave a notecard in the empty space the books once occupied.
6. If you spot other incorrectly classified books, feel free to relocate them.

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm literally cackling with glee at the thought of committing acts of random guerrilla book activism at my local Borders. And as I used to be a lowly page during high school, I know the gals at the library will appreciate a little shake-up to the routine...
Via Bitch Ph.D. (note to self: update sidebar dammit)

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Athana said...

Oh, this is good! I'm going to have to check to see that the Ministry has done its work at my local Borders. I love your laugh, by the way -- so big, bold and bawdy. (Hee.)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Andygrrl said...

lol, thanks Athana! I think of it as my Evil Genius laugh. First Borders, then the world!!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! If I were to visit my local Borders and find one of your re-shelved books I would die laughing. *titter* *titter*

~Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home