Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Current state of things

Wearing: pseudo Oxford Women's Cricket shirt, plaid skirt, purple-and-blue-and-brown striped knee socks, the Big Ass Dyke Boots.
Drinking: Numi Moonlight Orange Spice White Tea.
Upset that: I procrastinated so much on my Evelina paper, because I eventually found some great essays by Margaret Anne Doody and Susan Fraiman that show just how complex and fascinating the novel really is, and I've fallen in love with it all over again, and I want to run out and get copies of Cecilia and Camilla and The Wanderer.
Luxuriating in: the fact that I bought two buttons and a poster from Dyketees. Fight the power! with, uh, consumerism...
Reading: See list on the right. And by "reading" I mean "haven't picked it up in several weeks and am distraught."
Learning: I need to trust my own smarts and my own emotions. I need to organize my time better. And I need to take better care of my body.
Downloading: screen captures of Rachael Stirling.
Wanting: L. to write me back! My Dervish CD, which I seem to have lost. And a rest. Emotional, intellectual, physical rest and recuperation. It's been a hell of a year (or two, or four, or ten, depending how you look at it...)
Listening to: "Maids at 18"--The Witches of Elswick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home